Having the summer off from work has left me with TONS of time to enjoy the little things. I thought I’d compile a list of my current favorite things that I am savoring right now.
1. Yoga – I joined a yoga studio 7 days ago and I have been everyday since. There is such a variety of classes that I don’t think I could ever get bored, and I love each instructor as much as the last! It’s been a great way to build my strength and flexibility…I notice a difference after only 7 sessions!
2. Covergirl Lash Blast Length Mascara – The only mascara I’ve used that leaves absolutely NO clumps. My eyelashes look full and super long! The waterproof version stays on without flaking, but comes off easily when I wash my face.
3. Neutral shades of nail polish – simple, elegant, fuss-free. Just my style.
4. Cuisinart SS-700 Keurig Single-Serve Brewing System – I’ve been using it everyday, multiple times per day to make coffee, tea, iced tea, and iced coffee. I love that it comes with a single-serve K-Cup filter so that I can brew my favorite coffees from Trader Joe’s!
5. Writing – I’ve been writing my thoughts, feelings, worries…etc. in a journal at some point during the day. I’ve never been one to write in a journal, but I find that when I can’t sleep, writing down my thoughts helps to rest my mind. As soon as the words are out on the paper, my mind relaxes and I fall asleep right away.
6. Green Monsters – When I was teaching, I couldn’t make green monsters in the morning for fear of waking everybody up with the blender. Now I have Green Monsters a few times per week for breakfast or lunch. Lately I’ve been adding a couple of tablespoons of cocoa powder and a cup or two of iced coffee for a little mocha kick!
7. Almond Milk Ice Cubes – I saw this trick over at Peas and Thank You and I love it! I add 3 or 4 to my Green Monster and but back on the amount of frozen banana I add. The almond milk blends into the drink much better than regular ice cubes — think creamy, rather than icy. I also added some to my banana soft serve today, and it kept it from melting too fast.
8. Walking – yes, walking! Running aggravates my plantar faciitis at the time being, but I’m having so much fun just walking around town. Sometimes I go walk around harbor or along the beach, but other times I walk to the grocery store or to the coffee shop. It’s a good exercise and it’s saving me gas money!
Have a great weekend!