Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
I started the day with a local 5k that Travis’s running store sponsored. It was a small race, but everybody had a really good time despite the rain and wind!
We got these awesome race t-shirts. I am wearing mine right now and I will probably wear it all day since I don’t have any other green clothing.
Congrats to my sweetheart! He got his store’s name across the entire back of the shirt!!!
Here we are post-race. I was the top finisher for the women and Travis was second overall, but first in his age category!!
I was soaked and freezing by the time I got home, so I warmed up with a steaming hot cup of coffee from the new mug that my dad got me!
It’s from Phillipe the Original in LA. They make the best french dip sandwiches around and they’ve been there for over 100 years! My sister’s and I went there not too long ago. Check it out over here.
A girl can never have too many coffee mugs. Thanks Dad! :-)
It’s St. Patrick’s Day so of course I had to have something GREEN for breakfast! And I was not about to drink a cold smoothie on a rainy morning like this.
I hopped on over to my friend, Sara’s, blog to check out her recipe for spinach pancakes. Using her recipe as a guide…I set out to make a super green, very healthy, and protein-packed recipe to fuel me through this St. Patty’s Day.
Spinach Protein Pancakes
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose gluten-free flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup nonfat greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/4-1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- cinnamon to taste
- Add all ingredients into your VitaMix or blender and blend on a lower speed for 30 seconds-1 min. until spinach is finely chopped.
- Pour onto a lightly oiled nonstick skillet, 3 Tbsp. at a time.
- Flip when bubbles form, about 3 minutes per side.
- Keep warm in the oven while you cook the remainder of the batter.
- Top with Earth Balance or butter and maple syrup.
- Feel Irish.
When it gets all bubbly, give it a flip!
If you like thin pancakes (I do because then I feel like I’m eating a tall tall stack of ‘em) then add the entire 1/2 cup almond milk. If you want them thicker, just use 1/4 cup.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day to you,